Proof of residency Letter Template is an official statement that illustrates that a person lives at that specific address. You will need this letter when you apply for a government job or you intend to contact any insurance company. It is also considered as the “Affidavit of residence. ” It can be written by the landlord, employer, or any family member.
This article is about proof of residency letter templates. In this article, you will get complete info about proof of residency letters and you will also get free templates.
Uses of proof of residency letter
If you make this letter then it can be useful for you in various ways like it can be used for following purposes.
When you open an account in a bank or you apply for a bank loan then banks demand proof of residency letter.
If you apply for a job there are chances that the company or employer demands proof of residency letter. Mostly it is needed in the case of government jobs. Or if you are applying for a high privileged Job in any private company.
Proof of residency letter is needed if you want to attain some common utility services like electricity, gas, and water. All these vital service provider companies must require proof of residency letters.
Any document registration.
If you want to go abroad or you want to apply for a passport then you need this letter. For visa application, it is necessary to submit your proof of residency letter.
What to include in the proof of residency letter?
- This legal document must include all other supporting documents needed to validate your residential address. You must include the following things in your proof of residency letter.
- A letter must contain the heading of an affidavit of residency or proof of residency. As it illustrates your point in a single line.
- Also include the date, recipient’s name, and recipient’s signature.
- End your letter by doing your signatures.
- All the attested copies of required documents must be provided.
These documents must be included in your proof of residency letter.
- Bank Statement
- Identity Card
- Mortgage Statement
- House purchase deed
- Utility bills
- Health insurance c seeds
- Driving license
- Credit card details
- Letter from any government servant
How to write a proof of residency letter?
- First of all, get an affidavit or download any affidavit template from any website. Many websites are providing affidavit templates free of cost. You can get your affidavit from there. It will save your time and energy.
- You can download the affidavit in word format or PDF file. If it fails to download in pdf. Then you can get its printout and then fill its credentials carefully.
- Write your name, city address, and the street no carefully. In the date section, you have to mention in which you are writing this affidavit. Fill in all the blanks. Don’t provide any false or incorrect information. Write all the information in clear and precise wordings.
- The next step is writing the declaration statement. You can write as I formally acknowledge living in the Street….. Write the complete address of your house including city name, street number, zip code, state, etc.
- After writing the declaration statement the next step is to attach all the relevant documents. Include all the evidence which is needed to support your declaration statement. Also mention each document in your declaration statement.
- In the end, read the paper carefully and do your signs at the end. You will also need any witness signature in the all-witness column. Witnesses must carefully read the paper and then acknowledge that they had read the paper carefully. After that witnesses have to sign in the witness acknowledgment section.
- Don’t use the last section of the paper. It is for use by notarization.
- Tips for writing a proof of residency letter
Here are some tips that can help you to write a good letter.
- As proof of residency is a legal document. Then provide your legal and official name in the document. Mention your complete home address including zip code and state name.
- Mention the date on which you purchased this house or you started living in this house. Don’t elaborate on the things. Just write comprehensive and precise information. Also include the name of those people living beside you in the house.
- In the affidavit, there is an oath section. In which you take an oath and mention that everything you wrote in the document is correct and you have not provided any false information. Then close your document by signing your name.
- Before submitting the document check carefully that you have included all the documents.
Types of proof of residency letter
This letter can be of different types. It also depends on person conditions like he is living based on a premise or he is the owner of that house. Furthermore, proof of residency letter can be written by the employer, any family member, or the landlord.
Commonly, the family members provide evidence that he is living in this house since this date. Like parents claim that our children are living in this house.
If you are not the owner of that house and you need proof of residency letter. Then your landlord or house owner writes this letter for you. In this letter, he mentions that a person is living in his house on-premises basis or rent basis.
Can I use a bank statement to prove my residency?
Yes, you can provide any legal or authentic document in which your address is mentioned. It may include your bank statement, utility bills, identity Card, or passport.
Proof of residency letter can be used for various purposes. It can be of several types. It is not very difficult to write but it could be tricky or time-consuming for some people. To help those people we are providing free proof of residency templates. You can easily download these templates from our website and can fill them properly. It will save your time and energy.