Are you looking for blank check templates for your bank? Here we provide the best and most customizable templates in word and pdf format so that you can just download and use them right away. A bank issues a checkbook that contains many blank checks. Your checkbook should be well designed and of the best quality so that you impose a good impression on your clients. You can use these blank check templates that are easy to download and customizable.
Let’s know first about the blank check:
What are the Blank Checks?
A check is a document that has some monetary value written on them, it orders a bank to pay a written amount to the person in whose name the check is issued. That money is paid from the account of the checkbook holder. A person who writes a check is called a drawer. He or she has a current transaction account in a certain bank. The check can either be deposited or cashed. It is a type of financial instrument that was originally invented so that account holder does not need to carry the wholesome amount of money with them. In need of money, they can write a check and draw out money. Similarly, if one person is indebted to another person, then he can just sign a check and write the indebted amount, including the payee name; and give it to that person.
What is the significance of a Blank Check?
- A blank check is used to instruct a bank or any financial institution to transfer money to the bearer’s account or pay him a cash amount.
- It contains each necessary information such as drawer account number, payee name, date, amount to be transferred, and signature of checkbook holder.
- It can be used to cut out the need of handing over a person a large amount of cash; instead, you can just enter the payable amount and hand it over to the payee. This clause is only helpful when the check is not the bearer’s check. If it is the bearer’s check, the third-party person can cash the check.
- If you lose a check and another person finds it, he will not be payable to draw money. The bank will pay only to the payee, whose name is written on the check.
- You can also stop payment when you are using checks too.
- Checks ensure the security of your money.
- They allow you to track the record of your transactions.
- It also allows the different organizations in trivial matters like bill payment that is a lot easier using checks.
What are the different types of Blank Checks?
These are the types of blank checks; let’s have a look:
A certified check is a type of check that is verified by the bank that the drawer has a certain amount of money that is written on the check at the time of writing the check. Until a check is not cashed bank sets off that certain amount of money aside to ensure the validity of the check.
A payroll check is a check that is issued by an employer to an employee as salary for the work done. Nowadays, the trend of physical payroll checks has changed to electronic payroll checks. Electronic payroll checks are more beneficial for the employee and employer as they reduce the wastage of time and cost.
Cashier’s check is a check that is verified by the bank and drawn on the bank’s own money. They are guaranteed check because it is paid by the bank itself. Cashier’s check is signed by the cashier.
A bearer check is a check that is cashed to the person currently bearing the check. This check is transferrable once verification by the bank is completed; payment is made to the one who holds a check.
We provide you with all such types of templates that are not only well-designed but attractive too. Moreover, you can easily download blank check templates in word and pdf format from our site. Just push the download button to proceed.
Let’s discuss some of the essential components of the check.
What does the check comprise of?
The check comprises of following components:
The drawer is the person who has the account from where the amount is to be paid by the bank on the financial institution. His or her name, the account number are often written already on the check.
The payee is the person who has been issued a check. His name is written by the drawer on the check, and only he is liable to cash the check.
Drawee is the bank or the financial institution that has to pay the certain amount inscribed on the check. The drawer must have an account in that bank or institution.
The amount is the money that has to be cashed by the payee. It is currency or figures written in digit format can be dollars, pound or rupees.
Date of issue:
Data, when the check is issued by the drawer to the payee, is written on the check to avoid any ambiguities.
Signature of Drawer:
The signature of the drawer is the most important part of the check. Bank can cash a check only after the verification of the account bearer’s signature. It ensures that the check is signed with the consent of the drawer.
Certain other components can be added in the check like a check number, ABA number, memo line, Bank information i.e., address, zip code, etc.
How to customize the blank check template:
- Here are some easy steps that you should follow to customize your check efficiently:
- Download the best check template for your organization.
- Now, open it. You will see some empty fields where you need to write details to make check handy.
- Insert logo of the bank, name of the bank, memo line, and other details like address, zip code, etc.
- Now add any extra fields if necessary.
- Once you are done with editing, save your work.
- The blank check template is ready to go.
- Use best of our blank check templates to communicate your core message with your clients!!