In most simple words, the term “call sheet Templates” refers to the daily schedule and To-do list of your working team and is mostly created by the project’s assistant director. Usually used in the media industry, It’s an essential document that highlights the daily working, routine, and tasks along with keeping the whole team on the same page to achieve their respective production goals. It is then shared with all of the crew and project members so that they know when and where to be.
Importance of a call sheet Forms:
The importance of a call sheet can not be ignored. They help in keeping a project organized, reduce the chances of mismanagement and last moment confusion with being a professional way of leading the project. A detailed call sheet leads to a successful and smooth project completion journey. The importance of a call sheet is visible when shooting a drama or a movie where the production does not start without it. Their call sheets generally include all the particulars from the director’s details to cast/crew members list and from scene numbers to numbers of shooting days completed and ahead.
Goals of a call sheet templates:
The primary goals of a call sheet are as follows:
- To organize every project member: The main function of a call sheet is to make sure that all team members are organized and are on the same page.
- To indicate requirements: A call sheet lets everyone know who is required to be there on a particular day and at what time.
- To keep up with the schedule: Any project for completion has a specified budget for a particular number of days. Any alteration in the schedule can cause some serious setbacks to the project. Therefore, it’s a prime objective of a call sheet to keep things on time.
- To set particular goals: A call sheet sets goals for everyone on the team to let them know what their particular tasks for that day are.
Essentials Of A Call Sheet:
A call sheet, yet being simple, must always contain all the necessary information.
Following are the basics of a call sheet, without which it won’t deliver all the necessary information required.
- Contact details: At the top of a call sheet, there must be contact details including phone numbers and e-mail addresses of all the leading project managers and team directors. It should also include the executive directors, producers, and writers in case of a drama or movie.
- Project title/logo and crew call: There should be a project’s title and logo to distinguish it from others. The time should also be specified for the crew to be punctual as punctuality and time management are key factors to attain success in any time-based project.
- Some other useful information: A good call sheet incorporates all the necessary and relevant information regarding the project including date, number of working days, weather forecast for the day, project location, transportation arrangements, estimated meal breaks, and wrap timings.
- Tasks for the day: All the tasks and schedule of every individual is mentioned in a call sheet so that everyone is prepared for what he/she is supposed to be doing on a particular day.
- Team members list: A list of all the people required for the execution of a project is mentioned in the call sheet with some details of the kind of work they are supposed to do.
- Brief information about the locality of the project: A call sheet briefly explains the whereabouts of the area where the project is to be executed along with mentioning nearby hospitals, restaurants, parking spaces, etc.
- Special instructions: This section includes any particular instructions or reminders for any team member.
Things to keep in mind while writing a Call sheet:
- Create a separate call sheet for each project day. This will mostly be a great help when one has a lengthy project or a lot of ongoing projects at the same time.
- Proofread your call sheets before sending them out to everyone. This will help you assess your mistakes timely without getting embarrassed in front of others.
- Frequently Keep a check on the weather updates especially if the project location is at a place where the forecast is frequently changed and updated.
- Keep the call sheet in PDF format rather than sharing a .xls file or a drive link. This helps in securing the content of your document. Also, viewing a PDF file is much easier as it is compatible with every smartphone.
- Regularly back up and update your call sheets. This is a much necessary step to take to avoid any kind of mishap and panic mid-project.
- Send a single call sheet a day after fully finalizing the details to avoid any kind of confusion and mismanagement.
- Some people don’t like sharing their emails with anyone else, especially celebrities. Therefore sending a call sheet to each project member individually is an ethical way to respect everyone’s privacy.
- With the initial draft of your call sheet, make sure to first show it to project chiefs, directors, and all the relevant stakeholders to take their approval. Once done with this, you can share it with the rest of your team.
- Save your call sheets every day of production as it is a vital record of your shoot and thus, contains all the information of your project members.
Common Call Sheet Acronyms:
Following are the most common abbreviations used in a call sheet:
SW: Start Work
WF: Work Finish
SWF: Start Work Finish
PU: Pick Up
How to get your own call sheet?
Understanding and making a call sheet does not only require a lot of coordination but also necessary expertise to interpret. You can design your call sheet as call sheets vary with respect to the project being carried out but if you do not want to get indulged in the tiring, hectic work of designing your personal call sheets, there are some great means to get a call sheet template. Simple Call Sheet, Set Hero, Studio Binder, and Jungle Software are some great software usually used and are available for consumers in both free and premium packages.